Nationwide Common Election For Outstanding Regional Brands To Be Held
The Japan Patent Office (JPO), the regional Bureaus of Economic system, Commerce and Business and the Okinawa Normal Bureau of Financial system, Commerce and Industry Division (hereinafter referred to because the “organizers”) will hold an event titled “Nationwide Basic Election for Outstanding Regional Manufacturers,” aiming to call public consideration to the attractiveness of regional brands and further vitalize regional financial system by benefiting from the Regional Collective Trademark System.
1. Define of the occasion
Beneath the general Election for Excellent Regional Manufacturers program, the JPO and the regional Bureaus of Economic system, Commerce and Business have been holding a collection of contests wherein students in regional areas will compete in opposition to one another by the following steps: they hold interviews with trademark proper holders or organizations which have registered their trademarks underneath the Regional Collective Trademark System; they make use of their SNS (Instagram TM)* accounts to convey information on the attractiveness of regional services or products, of which they’ve realized by such interviews; and they provide concepts on new companies or new businesses, measures for attracting public consideration to such products and different regional strong factors.
Following on from the previous Basic Elections for Excellent Regional Brands, i.e., the FY2017 occasion in the Kyushu Area, the FY2018 event in the Tokai and Hokuriku Regions and the FY2019 event in the Tohoku Region, the organizers will hold a brand new occasion titled “Nationwide Basic Election for Outstanding Regional Brands” this fiscal yr, increasing the goal regions to all regions across Japan.
2. Taking part organizations, universities and other entities
The following 16 organizations, universities and other entities will participate in the occasion.
3. Orientation (September 2020)
In September 2020, the organizers will hold an orientation for the event online, bringing collectively organizations and college students taking part within the event.
Following the orientation, the organizers can even hold seminars by specialists in the sector of regional brands, workshops and displays on the topics of their activities by such college students, and other occasions, aiming to encourage these college students to easily advance their actions involving interviews and preparation for enterprise plans.
Define of the orientation
Date and ふじみ野市議会議員選挙 time:
September 22 (Tue.; nationwide vacation), 2020; from 13:30 to 17:10
Part 1: Seminar on regional brands
1. “Regional manufacturers seen from skilled perspectives in the fields of patents and trademarks”: Designing value of regional products and approaches to creating use of mental property
Mr. Asano Takashi, Govt Vice President of Institute of Worldwide Mental Property Technique (IIIS), ASANO Patent and Mark Attorneys; and Chief Govt Officer, AGRI SOKEN Company
2. “Regional brands seen from product planning and marketing”: Approaches to calling public consideration to regional products by encouraging consumers to grasp them
Mr. Kitamura Mori, Professor, Faculty of Comprehensive IT, Cyber University
3. “Regional manufacturers seen from a business operator”: Approaches to encouraging regional companies, aside from producers, to be committed to related efforts
Ms. Shinko Yuko, President, Starfood Japan Co.
Part 2: Workshops by teams of students and organizations, and so on.
4. Interviews to be held by students from the top of September 2020
Collaborating students will begin holding interviews with participating organizations. From October 1 (Thur.), 2020, they’ll start conveyance of information on the attractiveness of regional manufacturers as the results of these interviews through their SNS accounts (Instagram TM).
Observe: Pictures posted on the SNS will probably be proven with an official watermark (see the tip of this press release), representing the logo of the Regional Collective Trademark System.
5. Online contests for selecting winners who represent the respective regions (December 2020) and on-line remaining for selecting Grand Award winner (round February 2021)
Within the contests for choosing winners who signify the respective regions, the organizers will choose 9 or so excellent teams of taking part organizations and students by way of examinations based on certain criteria, e.g., particulars of the information which they’ve conveyed by means of their SNS accounts (Instagram TM) and ideas on new products or new business. The chosen teams will go on to the finals.
In the finals, these chosen groups will make a presentation, and winners of the Grand Award (tentative title) and other awards will likely be determined primarily based on the small print of the presentation.
– September 22 (Tue.), 2020: Orientation for the event
– Late September 2020 onward: Starting interviews with participating organizations by collaborating students
– October 1, 2020: Beginning conveyance of data through SNS (Instagram TM) by participating students
– December 2020: Figuring out groups which go on to the finals by means of the contests for selecting winners who signify the respective regions
– February 2021 (tentative): Finals of the occasion
7. Reference: Define of the Regional Collective Trademark System
Underneath the Regional Collective Trademark System, regional business cooperatives, industry associations, chambers of commerce and industry, NPOs and different organizations are eligible to register their own trademarks consisting of a combination of the title of the area and the identify of the product or service, in the event that they fulfill predetermined necessities. Regional collective trademarks purpose to appropriately protect regional brands, thereby contributing to supporting the consolidation of the industrial competitiveness and the revitalization of regional economies by sustaining the belief in businesses. As of the end of August 2020, 688 regional collective trademarks have been registered.